The Global Ambassador Program is an opportunity for Society of Women in Engineering (SWE) members outside of the USA to serve in leadership positions to advance SWE’s mission.
Global Ambassadors promote the SWE brand, grow the SWE community in their region, and contribute their diverse global perspectives to SWE’s global strategy.
- Must be a paid SWE member
- Must reside outside of the United States
- Must commit to the ambassador responsibilities for the full year from 1 July to 30 June
- Must commit to being actively involved in campus and/or community activities
- It is a flexible unpaid volunteering opportunity, However, ambassadors are eligible for authorized reimbursement funding.
The Global Ambassador role focuses on representing and promoting SWE while also growing your individual’s growth;
- Promotion of SWE brand through various communication tools, i.e., personal social media, current employer forums, speaking at events, authoring a published article, etc.
- Recruiting and serving as a resource for engineers interested in joining SWE or participating in a SWE activity.
- Stay up-to-date with current membership and SWE network statistics; be knowledgeable about SWE activities in your city and country.
- Conversant with activities outside your region to provide a general overview of global activities to potential members and partners.
- Promote SWE’s annual conference and, when applicable, regional/local SWE conferences and workshops.
- Assist SWE with the localization of products and services for your region. This could include editing resources and toolkits to reflect the norms in your country, serving as a speaker for a webinar or podcast, or identifying local partnerships that could be mutually beneficial.
- Serve as a resource for Collegiate or Professional Affiliate(s) your area.
- Serve as a resource for teachers and administrators in your area interested in SWE Outreach activities.
- Maintain a record of your activities as SWE Global Ambassador and submit regular reports.
Personal Leadership Development:
- Complete one of the five SWE Leadership Competency eLearning Modules – Communication, Business Knowledge and Management, Self-Management, Leadership Abilities, or Mentoring, Coaching, and Sponsorship – based on interest.
- Create a personal Leadership Development Plan (template provided by SWE) to set measurable, time-sensitive, and realistic goals to support your role as a SWE Global Ambassador. The plan will include:
- Leadership Vision with examples of role models or mentors
- Blind Spots & Learning Agenda
- Personal Mission Statement
- Realignments and coalitions
- Regularly participate in SWE Global Ambassador conference calls, training webinars, and in-person meetings, when applicable.
Application Deadline: 30th of June 2022.