By assisting startups and small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) in accelerating their growth and innovating on its purpose-built Open World technology platform, this project aims to encourage innovation in the travel industry.
The six-month, non-equity remote accelerator offers two programmes and is available to companies and SMBs worldwide.
- Impact Programme
- Objective: Tying into the Open World social impact and sustainability strategy, this programme aims to empower startups and SMBs in the travel and hospitality ecosystem using the Expedia Group platform.
- Theme: Increase access for underserved travelers; making travel more open and accessible.
- Co-Development Programme
- Objective: Fast-track new platform capabilities through co-development with selected startups and SMBs on Expedia’s Open World platform.
- Theme: To be announced
- Growth: Access to Expedia Group insights and tech to accelerate your organic growth and product development including access to Expedia Group products such as: Travel Agent Affiliate Programme, Media Solutions, Affiliate Hub.
- Knowledge Development: Regular coaching and mentoring sessions by Expedia Group and external traveltech experts, in addition to workshops to advance both product and business roadmaps.
- Networking Opportunities: Connect with a community of like-minded travel tech innovators and participate in two in-person events: (1) Program Opening at Expedia Group’s HQ in January 2023, and (2) Program Closure/Demo Day in May 2023. Travel for both in-person events will be covered by Expedia Group.
- Brand Exposure: Expedia Group press, social media, and website amplification will boost your visibility in industry and investment communities.
- Financial Support: Access to up to $20,000 USD non-equity grant per selected participant company.
- Partnership Opportunities: Opportunity to explore potential commercial and/or tech partnerships with Expedia Group.
If you are a startup or SMB meeting these criteria, you are invited to apply:
- Tech or tech-enabled and must have at least a have a product or service built to the MVP (minimum viable product) stage.
- Incorporated in the last 10 years or less
- Have a mission, objective or focus to increase accessibility and/or inclusivity within the travel industry.
- Clarity of problem statement and potential addressable market
- Uniqueness of product/solution
- Traction and scalability potential
- Team makeup and experience
- Mission, objective or focus to increase accessibility and/or inclusivity within the travel industry
- Quality of presentation (if applicant moves to interview round)
- Phase 1: You only need to submit the application form.
- Phase 2: Should you advance to the second round; you will need a pitch deck for the virtual interview session. This will take place on early-mid November 2022.