In December 2022, the UN Convention on Biological Diversity will take place. For journalists interested in attending and reporting the event, Earth Journalism Network (EJN) is glad to offer a new fellowship. In Montreal, Canada, from December 7 to December 19, 2022, the Conference of the Parties (COP15) to the United Nations Convention on Biological Diversity will convene its subsequent 15th meeting. There will be representatives from 195 nations. The “Post-2020 Global Biodiversity Framework,” which has been continually delayed and rescheduled since the Covid-19 pandemic’s start, is one of the main reasons why this COP is so important.
Benefits of The Program
- To take part in the fellowship, EJN will pay for the non-refundable economy-class airline, lodging, meals, travel insurance, and transportation expenses.
- The organizers will also help with the press accreditation procedure, give logistical support for the trip, and refund meals and other transportation costs incurred in travel, including COVID testing. Please be aware getting the required visas is the Fellow’s exclusive responsibility, albeit they can cover visa fees.
- Report from a low- or middle-income nation as a professional journalist from or on behalf of a reputable media outlet.
- Obtain a letter of support from a journalist or editor promising to run or broadcast any articles from this fellowship. Both staff members and contractors are required to do this.
- Send samples of your work in papers or web links. Any language can be used for work examples as long as they are submitted with a brief English overview. Videos addressing challenges with biodiversity are preferred.
- Possess prior experience covering environmental problems.
- Be able to travel to Montreal by December 5, 2022, and commit to stay for the whole two-week COP and participate in fellowship activities.
Note: Once you begin the application process, you will be prompted to upload these supporting papers, so please be prepared.
The following factors will be taken into consideration when judging applicants:
- Demonstrated interest in and experience writing about biodiversity and other environmental issues,
- Detailed plans outlining the kinds of stories they will pursue from and after the conference,
- Story ideas with the potential for impact,
- The media outlet’s audience size.
- The cohort’s regional dispersion and gender balance will also be considered.
How to Apply?
- Click apply now button below,
- Sign up or create your account, to register your account and then go to the official website and apply.
- Clicking “Save Draft” will allow you to start the application and return to finish it later. You’ll need to go back to the chance and click “Apply now” one more to finish the application if you need to go back to the draft.
Please email email@example.com if you experience any problems submitting your application or have any queries concerning the funding, and you can also visit the EJN’s official website.