Deutsche Bank, in collaboration with the Smile Foundation, is proud to announce the Deutsche Bank Engineering Scholarship 2023 for Girls. This initiative aims to empower and support 200 young women from low-income backgrounds in India. These students, hailing from Bengaluru, Jaipur, Mumbai, and Pune, will receive funding to pursue a four-year engineering course at selected colleges in these cities.
- Successful candidates will be awarded a scholarship of up to 100,000 rupees (approximately 1,240 euros) per year.
- Additionally, they will receive a laptop, career training, and assistance with internships and job placements.
- The Smile Foundation, in conjunction with Deutsche Bank’s dedicated staff volunteers, will provide mentorship and support throughout the four-year program.
First-year engineering students with an annual family income of less than 500,000 rupees (approximately 6,200 euros) and a minimum aggregate score of 60 percent in their secondary and higher secondary examinations are eligible to apply.
- First-year Girls in Engineering Program (AY 2023-24)
- Up to 20 years of age
- 60% aggregate score in Class 10th and 12th
- Annual family income less than INR 5 lakhs per annum
Empowering Young Women:
- Deutsche Bank’s Group Chief Operating Officer for India, Khurshed Dordi, emphasizes the importance of this scholarship: “Young women from low-income families face an uphill task when trying to pursue their dreams.
- Those who can continue to pursue higher education often juggle responsibilities at home with a demanding curriculum and financial pressure.
- This can be overwhelming and result in high dropout rates. Through the Deutsche Bank Engineering Scholarship, we hope to help some of these talented young women fulfill their ambitions.”
- Passport Photo
- Family Income Certificate
- 10th Marksheet
- 12th Marksheet
- College Admission Proof
- Fee receipts