Gas South is seeking an innovative and adaptable self-starter to join our team as a Data Analyst. If you enjoy finding solutions to open-ended problems, analyzing big data, and leveraging insights to drive business decisions, this position is perfect for you. As a Gas South Data Analyst, you will work in a fast-paced, challenging, and innovative environment, where you’ll play a critical role in shaping our business strategy and making a meaningful impact from day one.
A Data Analyst at Gas South is a problem-solver who drives the growth of our business providing not only invaluable technical support within their departments, but also serves as internal consultants who work cross-functionally to tackle a wide array of challenging business problems. Becoming a Data Analyst at Gas South offers an exceptional growth opportunity with a four-level career path. As Analysts grow and gain experience, they progress through the four levels (I, II, Senior, Lead) and take on greater responsibility as both contributors and leaders.
- Full medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer-paid life and disability coverage
- Annual employer contributions of up to 12.5% to your 401k
- Remote work options available based on business needs
- Annual performance incentive is a % of annual benchmark based on position level
- Paid four-week sabbatical every five years
- Opportunities to volunteer in the community
- Education assistance up to $5250 per year
- Analyze large volumes of customer behavior data to identify trends, patterns, and opportunities for business growth.
- Aggregate, transform, and ensure the cleanliness and structure of datasets for analysis.
- Collaborate with internal departments to optimize enrollments, maximize revenue, and increase customer retention.
- Extract, transform, and load data from various sources, including third-party APIs, databases, CRMs, and marketing platforms.
- Design and implement marketing and sales dashboards using BI tools, applying data visualization best practices to communicate complex insights effectively.
- Conduct A/B tests and ad-hoc analyses to answer specific business questions and support decision-making processes.
- Apply data science methodologies and models to identify patterns and trends in customer behavior, segmentation, and lifetime value.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including marketing, sales, operations, and risk management, to ensure data accuracy and consistency.
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Data Analytics, Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Marketing, or a related field preferred.(Compensation based on experience)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and programming languages such as SQL, Python, and/or R, among others.
- Solid understanding of data analysis, model building, and model validation.
- Advanced data analysis skills, including experience with techniques such as regressions and Monte Carlo simulations, are preferred.
- Strong ability to present information using data visualization techniques to inform business decisions and strategy.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Internship or prior work experience in data analysis or a related field.
- Demonstrated academic excellence with a quantitative or math-based degree.
Pay range is commensurate with education, experience, specialized skills or certifications, etc.