The ClimateScience Olympiad application period is currently open for 2022. A free international competition called the ClimateScience Olympiad encourages young people between 12 and 25 to tackle some of the most difficult climate-related problems. ClimateScience, a UK-based educational organization that focuses on climate solutions, is in charge of organizing the event. Through various educational projects, ClimateScience has reached a global audience of over 1 million learners each month. The objective is to address the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The United Nations Climate Summit (COP26) in the UK hosted the award ceremony for the ClimateScience Olympiad in 2021, which attracted thousands of participants from over 149 nations and featured speakers including Dr. Jane Goodall and Dr. Renate Christ (fmr. IPCC Director).
- The top 10 teams will share in a US $15,000 prize fund and get the chance to present at the COP27 United Nations Climate Summit in Egypt.
- All students will get participation certificates and join the CS Olympiad Discord server’s worldwide community.
- Students in the age range of 12 to 25 can register alone or in teams of two. Everyone is welcome to register for free.
- There are three age categories for the CSO22: 16 and under, 17 to 19, and 20 to 25. Participants participate in the same qualifications and respond to the same problem statements regardless of age. The organizers, however, only compare individuals who fall within the same age range. This indicates that they will separately score the three brackets and normalize the scores inside each.
- You are eligible to participate up to three times, an extra once for each reference you make.