Do you intend to work in biotechnology and possess a scientific diploma, degree, or Matric with Math and Science? You should enroll in the Bioprocess Skills Accelerator Programme 2023.
The program lasts for four months and is aimed to provide you the skills you need.
To enter the industrial biotechnology employment market with ease, one needs biotechnology expertise. This industry covers the creation and manufacture of vaccines, biological agents and metabolites, pharmaceutical active ingredients, and other industries that get value from biological sources. Tissue culture, fermentation operation, downstream process unit operations, general laboratory procedures in process biotechnology, data analysis and reporting, and an introduction to bioprocess engineering and development are among the skills that will be learned in this course.
Successful completion of the programme will provide you with essential knowledge, skills and hands-on
experience in the operations of high-tech laboratory equipment that allows for an easy transition into the
growing Biotechnology sector. You will also learn about self-awareness, workplace exposure,
communication, interview skills and goal setting through a job critical skills component that will equip you
with the necessary skills needed for the world of work. A certificate of completion will be endorsed by
At the end of the course, you will gain:
- An understanding of the industrial biotechnology theory
- The ability to design biotechnology experiments
- An understanding of the various stages of the product development cycle
- An understanding of the different upstream and downstream process unit operations in
- The ability to select appropriate process units for the desired outcome
- The practical experience and ability to understand key statistical calculations in excel
- The opportunity to develop data collection spreadsheets with calculations and graphs
- An understanding of the process variables calculations for bioprocess operations
- An opportunity to demonstrate a high level of microbiological techniques that can deliver on
- Experience to operate upstream and downstream process equipment
- The ability to formulate a product and determine shelf stability
- The skills to articulate scientific findings in detailed reports
- Experience to communicate findings to a broader stakeholder base.
- Have a minimum matric with Math and Sciences;
- Preference will be given to candidate with an NQF level 6 qualification in a science domain;
- Have obtained a Matic certification with Mathematics and Science;
- South African nationality;
- Between the age range of 18 to 35 years old;
- Be under or unemployed at the time of application;
- Able to attend full-time training Monday to Friday in Cape Town;
- Able to commit to the full 4-month programme and committed to completing it;
- Provide your certificate of highest academic achievement;
- Have no criminal record and a clean credit history;
- Be available from February 2023.