The Blue Economy ClimAccelerator Programme 2023 is now accepting applications. The Blue Economy ClimAccelerator is a free online program that provides participants with training, mentorship, knowledge-sharing, and connections to investors in order to help them develop workable business concepts.
Green Economy Fisheries, aquaculture, the blue bioeconomy, coastal and maritime tourism, desalination, renewable energy (offshore, coastal, and marine), maritime transport & infrastructure, ports, waste disposal management, or coastal resilience and protection (such as sustainable tourism infrastructure, sea walls, carbon sequestration, and other related climate-positive activities in the Blue Eco) are among the maritime activities that ClimAccelerator seeks to support.
- Bootcamp & learning sessions – Weekly online training bootcamps will provide core
business training to further refine and develop USP, target market and business model and
help entrepreneurs translate business plans into concrete value propositions. In addition, a
series of blue economy-themed virtual learning sessions will be held to share insights,
learning and experience of running successful blue economy businesses.
- Mentorship Programme – Each selected enterprise will be assigned a mentor for the
duration of the programme. The mentorship programme provides participants with
opportunities to learn, connect and test ideas with experts.
- Market/Investor linkages – During and beyond the programme, Pacific Greenpreneurs will
have ongoing opportunities to engage with like-minded entrepreneurs, providing
opportunities for professional development, brand-building, and awareness, and more. A
Demo Day event will be held at the end of the programme to showcase innovations and
business plans and serve to connect enterprises with investors.
- Grant funding – Enterprises will be invited to submit business plan/funding proposals
during the programme. Based on the assessment of the funding proposal submitted, grant
amounts will be awarded accordingly to each start-up of between EUR 5,000 – 10,000 to
implement their business plans.
- The lead applicant must be a resident of one of the following countries: Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall
Islands, Nauru, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu,
Vanuatu, Wallis & Futuna
- The enterprise must be appropriately registered/incorporated to operate as a for-profit
business (sole trader, private limited company, partnership etc.), civil society organization
(CSO)/non-governmental organization (NGO), cooperative or trust in one of the countries
- The enterprise must have its main operations in one (or more) of the following: fisheries,
aquaculture, coastal and maritime tourism, desalination, renewable marine energy,
maritime transport & infrastructure, waste disposal management or coastal resilience and
protection (e.g. sustainable tourism infrastructure, sea walls, carbon sequestration).
- The minimum age of the lead applicant is 18 years old.
They are looking for you if:
- Your enterprise’s main operations are in fisheries, aquaculture, blue bioeconomy, coastal
and maritime tourism, desalination, renewable energy (offshore, coastal & marine),
maritime transport & infrastructure, ports, waste disposal management or coastal resilience
and protection (e.g. sustainable tourism infrastructure, sea walls, carbon sequestration) and
other related climate-positive activities in the Blue Economy.
- You aim to create positive climate change and/or environmental impact through your
product offerings, operations, or processes, while creating a profit.
- You are dedicated and eager to learn, and passionate about your cause.
- You have typically been in operation for less than 5 years.
- Your business is innovative and unique in some way.
- You have sound, technical understanding of your business or idea, but would like to learn
more about how to build an effective and sustainable business model for success.
- You have sufficient access to internet and a computer to enable participation in the online
program. You are committed to completing a 5-month program from January – May 2023.
- You are comfortable with written & spoken English language.
Applications will close on Friday, December 16, 2022 (11:59pm Fiji Time, GMT+12). Late applications will
not be considered.