AfricaFertilizer.org is a project run by IFDC with assistance from organizations including DG, IFA, Argus, AFAP, FAO, and IFPRI. It aims to compile and disseminate data on fertilizer usage in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Since 2010, AfricaFertilizer.org’s (AFO) goal has been to inform the public and business sectors about fertilizers in a timely and transparent manner. AFO has developed from gathering and sharing already-existing market data on fertilizers to increasing the sorts of information that are accessible and supporting partners, programs, and initiatives that do so. The program promotes and manages collaborations and data-sharing systems that disseminate statistics and market knowledge on fertilizers.
Under the VIFAA program (Visualizing Insights on Fertilizer for African Agriculture), AFO has been collaborating with Development Gateway, DG to streamline and visualize fertilizer data for end-users via an interactive dashboard. The following phase of expansion will last until 2024.
The Assistant Fertilizer Market Analyst will be based in Dakar, Senegal, but should be available to travel within the country and in Africa when called upon to.
This position is funded for the contracting period by BMGF-DG/IFA/BFS
- Bachelors’ degree in agriculture, agribusiness, economics, or any relevant fields. Masters is an added advantage.
- Relevant work experience of 3+ years in data management, analysis specific to fertilizer and the Senegal Fertilizer market is mandatory.
- Good networks and working relationship with the main private fertilizer companies, relevant Ministry officials (Agriculture/statistics etc.) port officials, custom officials, bureau of statistics etc. within Senegal required.
- Good knowledge of Fertilizer market nuances in Senegal and by extension Francophone West Africa fertilizer industry is mandatory.
- Excellent writing, reporting and oral communication skills with good English and French language proficiency.
- Must possess deductive reasoning skills and be able to analyze and synthesize information for problem solving.