The African Scientific, Research and Innovation Council (ASRIC) is a special advisory body to the African Union mandated to implement the Science, Technology and Innovation Strategy for Africa (STISA-2024) and to promote scientific research and innovation in order to address the challenges of Africa’s socio-economic development.
This call for scholarship is a furtherance to the success of the 1st and 2nd Calls, the ASRIC and UEMF are hereby launching the 3rd Call for the year 2022.
All applicants will be eligible for the scholarship, if they meet the following criteria;
- Must be a national of one of the African Union Member States
- Applicants must be less than 35 years
- Must have Master’s Degree (in science or engineering), Diploma or Engineering Diploma or any other equivalent diploma (baccalaureate + 5); and
- The candidate must demonstrate remarkable ability and devotion along with experiences in conducting research in the selected field of study.
- A fully funded tuition fees of about $9,000
- Annual return ticket to your home country with a maximum contribution of $1,000 during summer vacation.
- A monthly stipend allowance of $1,000 monthly which will be available for 11 months
Fields of study
Interested candidates MUST be ready to undertake research in the following areas:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Additive Manufacturing and materials
- Renewable Energy, Green hydrogen and Power-to-X
The following should be attached to the application form:
- Click here to assess the application form
- Updated CV
- A certified copy of the baccalaureate
- A certified copy of the master’s diploma or the engineering diploma or any other equivalent diploma (Bac + 5)
- A copy of certified transcript(s) of all university-level coursework completed corresponding to the diploma or masters
- A copy of the Master (or equivalent) thesis or dissertation
- A certified copy of an applicant’s international passport.