Applications are open for the Archipelagic and Island States Youth Conference 2023. With the support of Government of Indonesia, AIS Forum will convene its 1st Archipelagic and Island States Youth Conference that will be held in Bali, Indonesia (In-person) from 6- 8 October 2023 on the sideline of the 1st AIS Forum High-Level Meeting (with travel dates on 5 and 9 October 2023 respectively).
The AIS Youth Conference is organised in an effort to mobilise young people in archipelagic and island states who are interested in marine plastic debris, good maritime governance, a blue economy, and climate change. It examines innovative solutions, climate adaptation initiatives led by youth, and community empowerment in island environments. This would also demonstrate AIS Forum’s strategic engagement with youths in AIS countries to demonstrate intergenerational equity, dialogue and solidarity.
- Fully-funded roundtrip economy class flight tickets for selected delegates from their nearest airport (for foreign delegates) and from their province (Indonesian)
- Hotel accommodation inclusive of breakfast
- Lunch, dinner and coffee breaks from 6-8 October, 2023
- Local transportation in Bali during the event for the agenda of the conference
- Invitation letters for visa application support for international delegates
- Certificate of participation signed by the Government and UNDP
- Open to full-time students (undergraduate/Masters) and young professionals;
- Nationals of AIS countries aged 20 to 30 years old;
- Prior relevant activism experiences related to one or more AIS Forum core thematic areas: climate change; blue economy; marine pollution; and ocean governance are preferred;
- Committed to actively participating in pre- conference, main conference, and post- conference activities:
- Able to attend the forum and travel to Ball, Indonesia:
- Proficient in English (speaking, reading and writing):
- Preferably youth with volunteer experience relevant to AIS core thematic areas:
- Willingness to contribute to ocean sustainability and engage in AIS Forum activities;
- Prior publications related to AIS Forum or it thematic work areas is a plus;
- Follow AIS Forum on Instagram @aisforum as the mandatory requirement.
Deadline to Submit Application: 31 July 2023,23.59 PM Jakarta Time (UTC+7)/ 16.59 PM UTC.