The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Healthcare Accelerator 2023 is now accepting applications. The AWS Healthcare Accelerator is a four-week virtual technical, business, and mentorship program that will grow high potential businesses with a particular emphasis on the pressing issues of healthcare burnout, training, retention, and workforce deployment.
The program is distinctive and gives each participating organization the freedom to choose its own objectives and priorities. Companies will gain from AWS’s technical and commercial experience throughout the program, which will be in line with their problems and goals.
The accelerator will help startups use cloud technologies from AWS to tackle healthcare’s biggest
challenges. Selected startups will work with AWS technical experts to build and grow their cloud-based
The program provides participants with:
- More than 50 hours of custom content sessions, healthcare, business and AWS-specific
- AWS computing credits
- Help from healthcare industry leaders for business models, plans for regulatory pathways,
product safety and effectiveness reviews, integrations with electronic health records and
other clinical information systems, and preparations for clinical deployment
- Collaboration opportunities with AWS healthcare customers and members of the AWS
Partner Network (APN) looking for healthcare solutions
- Access to the AWS, AlchemistX, and Plexal global networks to build connections to meet an
eventual goal of gaining pilots and partnerships
- Training Workforce: This includes innovation that makes learning more interesting and
customised in areas including Continuous Professional Development and enabling rapid
upskilling of digital skills across the workforce.
Eligible solutions can include leveraging technology such as machine learning
for customised learning and rapid assessment, VR/AR simulation training for
healthcare, and enablement training for new ways of working.
- Retaining Workforce: This includes innovation focused on reducing individual workloads
and burnout by removing friction in day-to-day processes and systems, empowering new
ways of working, and support in areas such as wellbeing and flexible working.
Eligible solutions can include leveraging technology to streamline clinical
workflows, automation of repetitive or routine tasks, upskilling existing roles,
reducing documentation burden, and outsourcing of basic tasks to AI-enabled
- Deploying Workforce: This includes technologies that support the move to new ways of
working in healthcare within virtual wards, community settings, and home care settings.
Eligible solutions can include information exchange, remote solutions, and
interoperability to safely deploy a mobile workforce at the point of care, as well
as patient-empowering collaborative tools that reduce unnecessary and
Submit your application to join the AWS Healthcare Accelerator: Global Cohort for Workforce 2023. The
application takes approximately 15-20 minutes to complete.