Participants are required to submit photographs that capture the essence of positive climate actions in the country – at individual, local, regional or national level.
In order to develop a network of young talent that would pioneer transformative solutions to counter the impacts of climate change, the 4th edition of ‘Youth Climate Conclave’ (YCC) is being organized. YCC is being held under the India-EU Clean Energy and Climate Partnership (CECP) project, financed by the Partnership Instrument of the European Union and managed by the Delegation of the European Union to India.
The conclave involves a series of activities in the run up to the event; which includes a photography competition for youth, along with a 2-day knowledge enrichment sessions linked to TERI’s World Sustainable Development Summit 2023 and an exclusive Eduexcursion to give youth evidence- based learning to counter Climate Change. They are inviting children and youth in the age category of 10 – 18 years and 19 – 25 years across India to participate in the photography competition.
- Exhibition of winning photographs
- 12 best photographs will be published in the YCC annual calendar
- Winners to participate in a 2 day residential capacity building sessions, including debate competition
- E- Certificates, Medals and Mementos
- Chance to feature on social media pages of TERI, EU, PwC, UNICEF, CEEW and GIZ
- Opportunity to be a part of a robust youth network
- EduXcursion to a state-of-the-art facilities
- Winners to be felicitated at the World Sustainable Development Summit 2023
- Opportunity to be a part of WSDS 2023
- Open to children and youth across India;
- Applicant must fit into any of the two categories:
- Category A: 10 – 18 years
- Category B: 19 – 25 years
- Each participant is required to submit one photograph on the theme: #SmartChoices for a Sustainable Future;
- Only one entry per participant will be accepted. Additionally, for schools and colleges, there is no limit to number of students who can apply;
- Each photograph should be supported by a catchy tagline of not more than 15 words. The entry without a title, description and details mentioned above will be rejected.
The following criteria would be used to judge the entries:
- Clarity of the photograph
- Meaningful and impactful
The deadline to submit the entry is November 30, 2022. Late applications will not be considered.