A once-in-a-lifetime chance has arisen for young Africans who are eager to get educational exposure and training to apply for the 2024 Yale Young African Scholars (YYAS) Programme to be held in the United States of America.
The YYAS is an intense academic and enrichment program designed to help young Africans who are in secondary school and intend to pursue a higher education, as well as those who want to make a major leadership impact as youths.
To be eligible for the 2024 Yale Young African Scholars Programme at the United States, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 14 years old by application deadline in order to be considered. Please note that a typical YYAS student is between the ages of 15 and 18.
- Be able to participate in a rigorous academic curriculum conducted in English.
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of an African country. Applications will also be accepted from refugees living in an African country.
- Be currently attend school in an African country.
- Be a current 11th grade student (or the international equivalent).
- If you attend school in the Northern Hemisphere, you must be graduating secondary school by latest May/June 2024. If you attend school in the Southern Hemisphere, you must be graduating secondary school by earliest November/December 2023 and no later than November/December 2024.
Interested applicants for the 2024 Yale Young African Scholars Programme are to follow the steps outlined below. Official transcript of grade report should be attached and also a recommendation from applicant’s teacher.
- Completed application form – The application can be found online and must be filled out by the applicant. Students will be asked to complete one 500-word essay and two short responses, and must provide information on their extracurricular activities and the school that they currently attend.
- Official transcript or grade report(s)
- One (1) teacher recommendation – The recommendation must be filled out via the Online Recommendation Form that will be sent to a teacher’s email after the student provides their contact details.
Steps to Apply:
- Review and ensure you meet the YYAS eligibility criteria.
- Review the YYAS application required components.
- Review a PDF of a sample blank application, and start preparing to answer as many application questions as possible.
- You will need to submit contact information for a parent/guardian, teacher, and/or official at your school. Reach out to them as soon as possible to review the PDF of a sample blank application with you, and be sure to collect the information you need.
Complete the Application:
- Click the application to start your YYAS application. Be sure to write down your email and password to access the application at a later time. Ensure that you complete and submit your application before the deadline
- Check the “Review” page of the application to see if you are missing any required components, and re-visit any pages that require further information.
- Once your application is complete, click on the “Review” page. Next click on the “Submit Application” button at the bottom of the page.
- Check your inbox for a YYAS confirmation receipt that indicates the successful submission of your application.