The Empowerment Through Education (ETE) initiative of the Wells Mountain Foundation awards undergraduate scholarships to citizens of underdeveloped countries so they can study there or in a nearby nation.
All scholarship recipients are obliged to give back to their communities for at least 100 hours annually because the Foundation values and believes in their power.
Bachelor’s Degree in any field of study but applications are encouraged from those interested in pursuing degrees that will best help their local communities – medicine & health sciences, community development, law, education, social work, business, information technology, agriculture and engineering.
Number of Scholarships:
About 50-60 scholarships per year.
Citizens of developing countries
ETE scholarships range from $300 USD to $3000 USD annually and are provided throughout the undergraduate education of the recipient. The average scholarship amount is $1500. Scholarships may be used for tuition and fees, books and materials, and other related costs (room rent and meals).
WMF’s ideal candidate is a student, male or female, from a country in the developing world, who:
- • Successfully completed a secondary education, with good to excellent grades
- • Is 35 or under on 1 March 2023
- • Will be studying in his or her country or another country in the developing world*
- • Is pursuing his or her first bachelor’s degree or diploma
- • Will be enrolled in a program of study that will benefit the community and/or contribute to the continued growth and advancement of his or her home country
- • Plans to live and work in his or her own country after graduation
- • Has demonstrated his or her commitment to giving back and has volunteered prior to applying
- • May have some other funds available for his or her education, but will not be able to go to pursue his or her tertiary degree without financial assistance
To apply for the Empowerment Through Education (ETE) program, you must submit a complete application via the online scholarship application portal (preferred method) or via postal mail to the Foundation’s office. The 2023 Empowerment Through Education online application will be available from 1 December 2022 to 1