The Graduate School of Frontier Sciences (GSFS) of the University of Tokyo invites submissions from interested foreign students for its 2023 doctoral research fellowships in Japan, known as the ‘Todai Fellowship’ Programme.
Todai Fellowships provide financial assistance to overseas students enrolled in PhD programs at The University of Tokyo. This scholarship must be applied for at the same time as the Graduate School of Frontier Sciences (GSFS) entrance examination application.
This fellowship programme is open to;
- Those who are applying for admission to a doctoral course of the Graduate School of Frontier Sciences.
- Those who hold a valid visa to stay in Japan as a “College Student” .
- Those who are not applying and/or planning to apply for fellowships or scholarships provided by private organizations.
- The fellows get JPY 200,000/month
(Fellowship recipients must not submit any application for tuition exemption.)
- Payment period is for three years
Applications for the University of Tokyo Fellowships for Foreign Applicants can be completed online with the following accompanying documents.
- Application Form for Todai Fellowship
- Recommendation letter from your former supervisor
(preferably from your master program supervisor)
- Research Plan
- List of past achievements
- Transcript of graduate school and undergraduate school
- Copy of presented papers