University of Greenwich Postgraduate Research Scholarship: University of Greenwich – UK is welcoming applications for its Postgraduate Research Scholarship program aimed at outstanding international students enrolling in a certain research program at the University.
The candidate(s) will work on a project to investigate the lattice Boltzmann Modelling of Disease Outbreaks (Covid-19) and construct stochastic lattice Boltzmann equations (LBEs) to solve mechanistic models of disease spreading with the aim of finding relationships between spatially dependent parameters and the spread of infectious diseases.
Candidates are expected to posses the following eligibility criteria for the University of Greenwich Postgraduate Research Scholarship;
- Applicants must be international students.
- The award is available for masters & PhD program in Liberal Arts and Sciences offered by the University.
- This scholarship may require Academic Technology Approval Scheme approval for the successful candidate if from outside of the EU/EEA.
- A PhD project research proposal that is related to the research area
- Independent thinking and analytical aptitude for devising innovative scientific or technical solutions.
- Demonstrate capacity for effective independent work and as part of a team
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, motivation, flexibility and confidence
- English Language Requirement: For those whose first language is not English and/or if from a country where English is not the majority spoken language (as recognised by the UKBA), a language proficiency score of at least IELTS 6.5 (in all elements of the test) or an equivalent UK VISA and Immigration secure English Language Test is required, unless the degree above was taught in English and obtained in a majority English speaking country, e.g. UK, USA, Australia, New Zealand, etc, as recognised by the UKBA.
The value of the University of Greenwich Postgraduate Research Scholarship award is within the range of £15,285 awarded to international students
All eligible and interested candidates for the University of Greenwich Postgraduate Research Scholarship are required to apply online for a study place at the university. Afterwards they are considered for the scholarship if eligible; No other form of application will be considered.
All applications for the University of Greenwich Postgraduate Research Scholarship must include the following information. Applications not containing these documents will not be considered.
- Scholarship Reference Number (Ref)– included in the personal statement section together with your personal statement as to why you are applying
- A research proposal related to the subject topic.
- CV including 2 referees
- Academic qualification certificates/transcripts and IELTs/English Language certificate if you are an international applicant or if English is not your first language or you are from a country where English is not the majority spoken language as defined by the UK Border Agency.
Applicants are to upload to the qualification section of the application form. Attachments must be a PDF format. Before submitting your application you are encouraged to liaise with the Lead Supervisor on the details above.