In order to create a society where every pregnancy is desired, every birth is safe, and every young person’s potential is realized, UNFPA is the leading UN organization. In its strategic plan for the years 2022 to 2025, UNFPA maintains the relevance of its current course while concentrating on three transformative goals: ending needless maternal deaths, meeting unmet family planning needs, and putting an end to harmful gender-based practices.
We need personnel that are transparent, excellent in how they handle the resources entrusted to them, and committed to delivering excellence in program results. UNFPA is looking for professionals who transform, inspire, and achieve high impact and sustained results.
Interns who do not receive financial support from an outside party (such as an academic institution, university, government) are eligible to receive a stipend as a contribution towards living expenses. The stipend is based on the intern’s agreed place of work, which may be different from the duty station of the hiring office in cases of remote arrangements. The stipend is normally paid in local currency at the end of each month.
Applicants to the UNFPA internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate degree programme (such as a master’s programme, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (such as bachelor’s degree or equivalent);
- Have recently graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation;
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program and undertake the internship as part of this program.
- Exemplifying integrity,
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
- Embracing cultural diversity,
- Embracing change.
- Achieving results,
- Being accountable,
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
- Thinking analytically and strategically,
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships.