Are you between 18 and 32 years old? Do you want to help integrate the voices of urban youth into UN-Habitat’s global strategy and initiatives? UN-Habitat is excited to announce the opening of applications for the 2023-2025 UN-Habitat Youth Advisory Board (YAB)!
The Youth Advisory Board is a consultative body that provides valuable insights and recommendations to UN-Habitat on strategies to sustainable urban development. Established in 2008, the YAB has played a crucial role in mainstreaming youth perspectives and promoting youth participation in UN-Habitat’s programs and major events.
Now, in its latest term, the YAB is seeking passionate and dedicated youth to join its ranks. The board will have representation from each of UN-Habitat’s six regions and a commitment to equal gender representation. The UN-Habitat Youth Advisory Board is co-hosted by the Balikesir Metropolitan Municipality (Türkiye), host of World Habitat Day in 2022.
This is your opportunity to actively contribute to shaping the future of urban development and ensuring that the voices of youth are heard and valued. If you are enthusiastic about sustainable urbanization and eager to make a difference, they encourage you to apply to become a member of the UN-Habitat Youth Advisory Board.
- Be between 18-32 years old;
- Be proficient in English;
- Understand of the Youth Advisory Board’s Terms of Reference;
- Possess a valid passport;
- Commit to attending at least four annual meetings, either virtually or in person;
- Have access to communication technology and a stable internet connection;
- Commit to engaging youth and youth networks in your region on the issue of sustainable urbanization.
To apply, complete the application form, align it with the YAB’s Terms of Reference, and provide a brief biography and resume and a motivational statement which provides a list of youth focused activities you’ve undertaken. All information will be confidential and not shared.