The Civic Changemakers Fellowship Programme is a civic technology, innovation and governance training aimed at empowering community champions who are working or have the ambition to work on solving civic and governance challenges.
TransparencIT selects and invites ten (10) active community champions to develop and scale solutions for disrupting civic participation and improving governance and social justice in their communities. For three (3) months, the Changemakers learn through engagement, training, group work and networking to advance their activities and projects.
- The beneficiaries will take part in interactions with global experts on equity and social justice.
- The beneficiaries will get professional development, mentoring, and networking opportunities in addition to peer group learning.
- They will receive support to build and advance solutions around governance challenges and customized programming from TransparencIT and affiliate partners
- The beneficiaries will learn how to adopt technology in advocacy and leverage it to improve governance.
The programme is open to emerging changemakers who are:
- Participants must be between age 18 and 35 at the time of application.
- Must be citizens and residents of Nigeria at the time of the programme.
- Must be passionate about solving social justice and governance challenges in their communities.
- Must be available to attend both online and onsite activities of the programme.
- Must be proficient in speaking, reading, writing and understanding the English language.
- Women and people living with disability are strongly encouraged to apply.