Applications for the Toronto Metropolitan University General Entry Scholarships Program Fall 2023 are now being accepted from qualified and enthusiastic overseas students who want to enroll in the University’s degree programs.
With more than $10 million set aside for entrance scholarships, Toronto Metropolitan University is proud to honor the first-year class’s academic accomplishments upon admission.
Foreign students (on study visas) who enroll in and complete their studies at a secondary school in Canada and who fulfill the eligibility requirements for a scholarship are guaranteed a renewable entry scholarship based on the following criteria. Once you have received your TMU Student Number, activate your online identity, if you have not done so already, to access AwardSpring.
AwardSpring, an external link that opens in a new window, gives TMU applicants access to view and apply for all of the university’s awards.
To be eligible for Toronto Metropolitan University General Entrance Scholarships, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be international students
- Applicants must enrol in full-time degree program
- Must have admission to a first-year full-time undergraduate degree program
- Have been continuously enrolled full-time (no gaps in full-time attendance prior to the 2022-2023 regular school year)
- Be enrolling in a post-secondary institution for the first time
- Have submitted the correct and complete application for admission to the program for which the scholarship is being granted by September 1, 2023
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada, protected persons in Canada and international students are eligible for this award
- Applicants must have proof of English Language proficiency
Applicants wishing to be considered for Toronto Metropolitan University General Entrance Scholarships program at TMU must include all program choices on the applicable application form. By doing this, students are automatically considered equally for each individual program.