The American University in Cairo, Egypt, is currently accepting applications for the Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate Students Program (TLG) 2024, which aims to provide deserving students with the professional qualifications and experience needed to advance knowledge and contribute to society’s development.
The TLG students program is a collaboration between the US Department of State’s Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs (NEA/AC) and American University in Cairo (AUC). The program provides completely supported opportunities for individuals to continue higher education and achieve a master’s degree.
- Full tuition fees for the fall and spring semesters
- Medical insurance
- A monthly stipend
- Student Housing
- internship or practicum opportunity, including local transportation costs if needed.
- Opportunity to attend one conference to present research findings, applied to and awarded competitively, as per the guidelines for Graduate Student Support Grants
- Two annual round-trip economy air tickets from home to campus; or a housing and living stipend to continue approved program activities on campus during breaks for students unable to return home because of circumstances outside of their control.
To be considered for the Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate Students Program, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- The students who are eligible to join should be nationals or citizens of Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Libya, Tunisia, Yemen, Syria, Bahrain, the West Bank, and Gaza.
- Meet AUC graduate admission requirements
- Strong academic potential with a bachelor’s degree of a minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Possess maturity, flexibility, and leadership potential demonstrated in a combination of extracurricular activities, recommendations, and interviews.
- Show financial need.
- Must commit to pursuing their graduate thesis research in one of the eligible research projects.
\ Interested applicants for the Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate Students Program 2024 are to submit applications in two categories:
- Must apply to the FHI360 application.
- Must submit the AUC TLG graduate admission application