Applications are invited from suitably qualified students from Tunisia for the Thomas Jefferson Scholarship 2024-2025 which provides opportunities for full-time, undergraduate, university/institute students from Tunisia to spend one academic year of nondegree study at a U.S. university or college.
The scholarship seeks to equip a network of youths with essential skills to lead positive change in their fields and communities through academic opportunities, professional engagement, and leadership development to foster economic growth, stability, and democratic development
To be eligible for the Thomas Jefferson Scholarship for Tunisians 2024, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Is a Tunisian citizen;
- Currently resides in Tunisia;
- Is enrolled as a full-time, undergraduate, university/institute student in good academic standing at the time of application at a registered academic institution in Tunisia;
- Is NOT in the final year of their undergraduate program at the time of application. Architecture students are eligible in their first, second, third, fourth, or fifth year of study. Engineering students are eligible in their first or second year (preparatory classes), and third and fourth year of undergraduate study.
- Is able to receive a U.S. J-1 visa;
- Is at least 18 years old by July 1, 2024;
- Is committed to returning to Tunisia after completion of the program;
- Is able to achieve a TOEFL score of at least 500; and
- Completes the academic year prior to study in the United States in good standing with a passing average (a.k.a. moyenne générale).
Interested applicants for the Thomas Jefferson Scholarship for Tunisians are to complete an online application and provide all the required documents on or before the application deadline.