The ThinkSwiss Program promotes collaboration between Swiss and Australian universities and research organisations by providing research opportunities in Switzerland to students currently enrolled in any Australian university.
The ThinkSwiss Research Scholarships give students from Australia, India, and Singapore access to the Swiss university system, which combines a rigorous academic programme with creative thinking.
The State Secretariat for Education, Research, and Innovation (SERI) provide funding for the ThinkSwiss Research Scholarship programme, which is also supported by Swissnex in India and the Swiss embassies in Singapore and Australia.
- The ThinkSwiss Research Scholarship provides a prorated amount according to the length of your stay, maximum up to three months. The students will get a stipend of 60 CHF/day from the start to the last day in the University, +2 days for arrival and departure up to a maximum of 90 days (CHF 5,400 maximum).
- Currently be enrolled at an accredited Indian, Australian or Singapore university / institute.
- Be a master degree student or a bachelor degree student who will have completed the 2nd year by the time the research stay in Switzerland begins.
- Provide a written confirmation from a professor at a Swiss university that he / she will accept you for a research stay in his / her group.
Obligations as a ThinkSwiss Awardee
- By accepting this scholarship, you agree to participate in the ThinkSwiss documentations with One blog post to share your experiences during your research stay in Switzerland.
- Share photographs from visiting labs, preferably with you present in the picture (showing quality of labs, research work), photos of interactions with students/professors (networking pictures, showcasing diversity), photos of campus, photos of city you are living in (showing life in the cities in Switzerland)
- After your return to your respective country, you also agree to carry out at least one activity as a “student ambassador” (make a presentation to fellow student community or promote the next ThinkSwiss call on social media etc.).
The application and all supporting documents must be uploaded on the online application form in PDF format by January 15, 2023.
In order to be considered for this scholarship, each application must contain:
- A cover letter outlining your research project (e.g. an overview of the tasks and milestones of your project that you agreed on with your host professor) and explaining why you should be awarded the ThinkSwiss Research Scholarship, and why you would make an excellent “student ambassador” in the future
- A CV (no more than two pages)
- A copy of your current university transcripts (we accept photocopies of official transcripts issued to the student)
- A letter of acceptance from the professor and / or hosting institution in Switzerland. Kindly request for a confirmation letter on the University/Institute letterhead from the host professor.
- A letter of recommendation from a current professor who can attest to the applicant’s abilities