The KAC Global Tobacco Harm Reduction Scholarship Programme 2024/25 is now accepting applications. KAC is excited to announce the 7th K.A.C Global Tobacco Harm Reduction Scholarship Program. The next application window will commence on September 25 and expire on November 30, 2023.
Successful applications will be present at the 2024 Global Forum on Nicotine (GFN) in Warsaw, Poland. The chance to learn about past students’ experiences; assistance in determining ‘next steps’ in a prospective career in the field of THR.
Indicative examples of the types of project proposals that the scheme would like to receive:
- Scoping research on THR priorities in a country
- Designing a research project on the nature or use of THR products
- Improving the applicant’s understanding of science and science skills by links with, or placement within, a research team or THR organisation
- Designing and initiating an intervention project to enhance public and/or professional understanding of THR and related projects
- Forming an organisation to take forward research on THR
- Developing a THR intervention project within a health and social care setting
- Making and disseminating a film(s) or other media containing credible and accurate information about THR
- Organising workshops and training events on THR
- Developing science communication skills related to THR
- Writing a research paper or other material for academic publication on THR
- Establishing a website and/or other media resources to improve understanding of THR
- Examining how poorer countries might overcome challenges presented by ‘high tech’ THR initiatives.
Successful applicants for The KAC Global Tobacco Harm Reduction Scholarship Program will receive the following benefits:
- Assistance in honing your proposal post-submission
- A stipend of $12,000 to undertake the project
- Travel to and from Warsaw to attend the Global Forum on Nicotine (GFN)
- Accommodation for the whole period of GFN, including additional days for scholars
- Per diems for the duration of GFN
- Enrolment onto the Mentoring scheme, with a named expert mentor
- On-going support from the Scholarship Programme Manager
- Assistance with problem solving – both practical and academic
- the opportunity to return to Warsaw in 2025 to share your findings, either as a poster display, as a speaker, or as an enhanced scholar.
To be considered for this scholarship, applicants are to meet the following requirements:
- People intending to enter into the field of research into THR and/or public health
- Harm reduction professionals
- Postgraduate students
- Researchers and scientists
- Medical professionals
- Internet and social media professionals
- Film makers and other audio-visual professionals.
Interested applicants seeking for The KAC Global Tobacco Harm Reduction Scholarship Program should follow these steps:
- Read the information on this page
- Read submission instructions
- Register a user account and log in.
Once you are logged in:
- Complete your profile (nationality, contact details, etc).
- Complete the THR-101 mini-course & quiz (at least 70% required)
- Submit your proposal
Submission system will auto-save your progress, so you can safely prepare your submission over the course of several days.