The ASEAN High-Performance Computing (HPC) School is a one-week program for exceptional ASEAN researchers, primarily at the postgraduate level. Our hands-on curriculum is taught by international luminaries in HPC technology from Japan, Europe, and ASEAN.
There are no admission or tuition fees for the ASEAN HPC School 2023
In addition, the school will provide the following support to applicants:
- Twin-share room (accommodation) in Ir. Soekarno Science and Technology Park, Cibinong-Bogor
- Transport in Cibinong, Bogor (related to school activities)
All ASEAN nationals are encouraged to apply. Please note that the school will be held in KST Dr (HC) Ir. Soekarno BRIN Cibinong-Bogor, West Java (Indonesia). Should you have difficulties reaching this destination, please email the school to explain your case at email@example.com
- Applicants must be citizens of ASEAN Member States.
- The ASEAN HPC School is the fruit of cooperation between the ASEAN Member States supported by Our Collogues from RIKEN-Japan and EU through E-READI. Our vision is to increase research collaboration and technology transfer between ASEAN, Europe, and Japan. As a prerequisite, the school will have participants from each ASEAN Member State.
- ASEAN Member States: Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, or Viet Nam.
2. Applicants should have relevant experience in HPC.
The school is intended for people who already have some knowledge of HPC and substantial computing experience. For example:
- PhD candidates or recent postdocs of computing-related disciplines, such as Information Technology, Computer Science, Data Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, etc. In certain exceptional cases, current or recent undergraduates may be considered for enrollment, but they must demonstrate exceptional capacity to participate in an intensive HPC course, for instance, through extracurriculars or internships.
- Junior faculty members of the above-mentioned disciplines.
- Young professionals who use HPC technology in their work, such as researchers, engineers, scientists, etc.
- If your previous/current education or employment is not related to computing, you must provide strong evidence of your candidacy in your motivation letter. For example, if you are a self-taught HPC user who strongly believes that you can benefit from and contribute to this programme, you may use the motivation letter to demonstrate your relevant experience in HPC.
3. Applicants must have the means to travel to Cibinong, Bogor, Indonesia.
- There is no tuition fee to enter ASEAN HPC School 2023 and accommodation is provided.
- In addition, applicants must have all necessary papers to travel to Cibinong, Bogor, Indonesia for a week, including a passport that is valid for six months beyond the date they will exit Indonesia (e.g. beyond 15 June 2024 if you are planning to leave on the last day of HPC School).
The set of documents you should send with your application to this school comprises the following:
- CV (This should include research activities, and list of publications, if available)
- Motivation letter : A maximum of 750 words
Your motivation letter should be written in English and explain your motivation for applying for the program at ASEAN HPC School 2023, your relevant experience and education, and any career plans you might have. Please ensure that the word count is clearly displayed on the document.
This will be assessed for:
- Your reasons for applying to the ASEAN HPC School 2023
- Evidence of your experience, skills, and understanding of HPC technology and applications
- Career plans that show that this school is going to be useful for you
- Potential to contribute to research collaboration within ASEAN and with the international world at large
- Your answer to this question: Why should we select you?
- The names two former or current references