The SystemSpecs Children’s Day Essay Competition (CDEC) 2023 is now accepting applications. This is not your typical essay contest; it is an opportunity for all Nigerian primary and secondary school children aged 9 to 16 to present their unique ideas for tackling national challenges via the use of technology.
“Making Nigerian Children Better Citizens Through the Use of Technology” is the theme for this year. Participants must investigate this subject in order to provide novel ideas.
SystemSpecs is Africa’s foremost technology powerhouse, with interests in Payments, e-commerce, HR & Payroll, and other software technology solutions and services, and has been successfully transforming the continent’s technological ambitions into reality for over 30 years. The SystemSpecs Annual Essay Competition was launched in 2020 to demonstrate the company’s CSR commitment (Build Capability for National Development).
- 1st Prize: Laptop, laptop stand, headphone, smart watch, 120GB internet data and other gifts.
- 2nd Prize: Laptop, headphone, 60GB internet data and other gifts
- 3rd Prize: Laptop, hoodie, 60GB internet data and other gifts.
- School Award:
- Junior category: 10 laptops
- Senior category: 15 laptops
- State Award: State with the most valid entries award
- Open to primary and secondary children schooling in Nigeria;
- They should be up to 9 years and not older than 16 years by March 15, 2023.
- The Junior category (ages 9 to 12) submits a maximum of 1,000 words, while the Senior category (ages 13 to 16) submits a maximum of 1,500 words.
- Your essay must be in English.
- You are only allowed to submit one entry per participant.
- Your submission must be your original thoughts; plagiarism will not be tolerated!
- An accredited school official or parent or legal guardian must endorse your entry.
Winners will be announced on May 29, 2023, and the award ceremony will take place on June 9, 2023. So, buckle up and get ready to apply!