In order to understand the current status and gaps at different levels to avoid the post-harvest loss, Access Livelihoods is undertaking a research on value chain assessment for five commodities across three districts. The survey’s respondents will be persons who work in the cultivation of particular commodities. The research will aid in the understanding of the demand and supply chains, as well as the cultivation process, and aid in the development of the appropriate technology solutions to reduce post-harvest loss, retain nutritional content, and provide farmers better pricing.
● Conduct surveys with the farmers’ cultivating the commodities
● Conduct in-depth interviews of stakeholders- Farmer Producing Companies, Wholesalers/Traders,
existing cold storage/grid-connected owners, government department officials, financial institutions,
NGOs/partners working on similar studies
● Enter data into the form after data collection from the respondents and submit pictures with the
respondents as proof.
● Pursuing graduation final year or Post graduation in any field, preferably in social sciences
● Must have fluency in the local language or Hindi
● Must have good communication skills
● Should know how to use mobile phones to collect information – the person will be given training
before the data surveycollection
● Must be willing to travel to rural areas
● Must be available for a minimum of 15 days
Timeline: The data collection will last two weeks, starting June 1st, 2023.
● Collect all the required information mentioned in the questionnaire.
● Submit a photograph of each respondent after conducting the interview and collection of data.
● Submit the audio recordings of the in-depth interviews
● Upload all the information in the KOBO forms