The application period for the Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future Fellowships 2024/2025 is now open. Women studying post-graduate courses in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) areas at major research institutes worldwide are especially encouraged to apply.
The Schlumberger Foundation is a charitable organization dedicated to science and technology education. The Schlumberger Foundation’s flagship initiative, Faculty for the Future, recognizes the relationship between research, technology, and socioeconomic growth, as well as the critical role of education in achieving human potential.
You are eligible to apply if you;
- are a female and are a citizen of a developing country or emerging economy where women are underrepresented in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) disciplines*. You are not eligible to apply if you hold dual citizenship of which one is citizenship of a developed country. (N.B. If you have been awarded a Faculty for the Future grant and after the award you obtain citizenship of a developed country, the grant will be discontinued as of the date of such additional citizenship)
- are preparing for a PhD degree or post-doctoral research in a STEM discipline. The Faculty for the Future program does not fund Master level studies;
- are enrolled, admitted or have applied to a host university/research institute abroad (applications are no longer accepted where a candidate has not yet applied to a university). If you are applying for a sandwich course the final degree must be awarded by the Host University abroad or jointly (i.e., but not solely from the home country university);
- hold an excellent academic record and are willing to go back to your home country or region upon completion of your studies to contribute to its socio-economic development;
- have a proven record of teaching experience in your home country and can demonstrate your commitment to going back home to: i) an academic or research position in a STEM faculty; ii) and/or to using your knowledge to become a STEM entrepreneur to help resolve regional challenges in your local community/region; iii) and/or to demonstrating leadership by contributing to the public sector using your scientific skills to help provide evidence-based support for STEM policy making, including topics of gender representation;
- can demonstrate leadership skills, active community outreach and have a track record in encouraging girls and women into STEM.
Interested and eligible candidates can apply online for the Schlumberger Foundation 2024-2025 Faculty for the Future Fellowships. Please follow the below instructions to submit your application;
- NEW Applicants: If you are a New Applicant and believe you meet all the eligibility criteria, then you can proceed to register for an account at the official application portal.
- RENEWAL Applicants: If you are a Renewal Applicant, then proceed to the portal with your login details. Application portal opens in September to November (yearly dates might vary).