The POSCO TJ Park Foundation runs the (POSCO Asia Fellowship) program to assist young, aspiring intellectuals in their pursuit of Master’s or Doctoral degrees in the natural sciences and engineering in Korea.
By working on important initiatives like the POSCO Asia Fellowship for inter-Asian understanding and communication in the age of Asia, they work to uphold POSCO’s social obligations and contribute to sustainable management. Outstanding individuals in the fields of research, education, charity, and technology will receive the POSCO TJ Park Prize. Young and brilliant Korean fundamental scientists are encouraged to pursue innovative research through the TJ Park Science Fellowship.
The POSCO TJ Park Foundation is dedicated to further expanding Asia’s academic and cultural networks, nurturing young talents, and sharing with their neighbors in need. By standing tall as a foundation that serves the nation and establishes POSCO as a respected and loved company by the people, it will be at the forefront of the efforts to make the world a more abundant and warmer place.
They will establish a global human resource network in Asia through the promotion of exchange and cooperation in fellowship/scholarships with countries in Asia, and next-generation human resource development and mutual promotion of understanding.
For this, they also promote ‘Scholarship for Asian Students Studying in Korea’, an in-bound scholarship that invites talents in Asia to Korea and supports master’s/doctorate degree acquisition, ‘Scholarship for Asian Excellent Universities’ that supports outstanding students currently enrolled in excellent universities in Asian countries, and ‘Asia Opinion Leader Fellowship’ that contributes to mutual understanding and cooperation improvement between Korea and Asian countries by inviting opinion leaders of developing Asian countries.
Looking far into the future and raising a human, POSCO Asia Fellowship promotes the exchange and cooperation of Asian countries to brighten the 21st-century Asian era.
Applicants can select up to three universities below, which are in alphabetical order and do not denote any ranking or preference.
1) Ewha Womans University (Ewha Womans University)
2) Hanyang University (Hanyang University)
3) KAIST (Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology)
4) Korea University, Seoul (Korea University Seoul Campus)
5) Kyung Hee University
6) POSTECH (Pohang University of Science and Technology)
7) Seoul National University (Seoul National University)
8) Sungkyunkwan University (Sungkyunkwan University)
9) Yonsei University, Seoul (Yonsei University Sinchon Campus)
- For Master’s degree students: Tuition and living expenses for 4 semesters.
- For Doctoral & Integrated Ph.D. students: Tuition and living expenses for 6 semesters.
- National health insurance expenses, settlement expenses, online Korean classes, and grants, etc.
- POSCO Seminar, Korean cultural experiences, etc.
• Applicants who have earned bachelor’s degrees and show potential to grow as a leader in their respective countries
• Applicants willing to study in Korean graduate school in the Spring semester of 2024 and Fall semester of 2024
• Applicants must have strong interest in STEM majors(Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics)
• Applicants must hold Asian citizenship (who holding citizenship of non-Asian countries or Korea are not eligible)
- Access the website during the application period(May 1st~31st, 2023) and submit the application and required documents via Online.
- Applicants need to apply separately to their desired universities.
- Applicants can select up to three universities.
- If the Certificate of Admission(COA) is not submitted before the semester starts, the fellowship may be canceled.