At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way. As a member of our team, you can too. We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We actively look for prospects who:
• Are passionate about client success.
• Enjoy collaborating with others.
• Strive to exceed expectations.
• Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions.
You will work with our Technical Operations (TechOps) team, which supports and keeps up mission-critical corporate programs, as a senior software engineer. You will be responsible in guaranteeing the availability of the Products and the infrastructure on which they are housed. You will be able to use a variety of monitoring and problem-solving tools to conduct an investigation and find solutions. Additionally, you would be in charge of performing a Root Cause Analysis and implementing the appropriate Corrective Actions to stop issues from recurring. An SRE is someone who contributes new ideas, has a distinctive and knowledgeable point of view, and appreciates working with a cross-functional team to provide practical solutions and satisfying user experiences in every encounter.
• Provide the will: opportunity to grow and develop your career
• Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
• Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
• Offer comprehensive benefits globally (PB Live Well)
Pitney Bowes is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
- Run the production environment by monitoring availability and taking a holistic view of system health.
- Build software and systems to manage platform infrastructure and applications.
- Improve reliability, quality, and time-to-market of our suite of software solutions.
- Measure and optimize system performance, with an eye toward pushing our capabilities forward, getting ahead of customer needs, and innovating to continually improve.
- Provide primary operational support and engineering for multiple large-distributed software applications.
- Communicates effectively on risks, issues, and changes associated to the product monitoring with Manager and team.
- Work with team to identify what monitors can be created and how. Ensuring that application monitoring is done in the best possible way and alerts, monitors are set right.
- Find ways to optimize, use technology to automate monitoring.
- Identify training needs and upskill to support portfolio.
- Strong hands-on experience on various AWS services as well as DevOps tools
- You will design and implement monitoring solutions using advanced tools like Sumologic, Dynatrace, Splunk, CloudWatch, Grafana, Prometheus
- Organize and facilitate outage event management activities including outage status communication, problem determination activities and root cause analysis.
- Demonstrate Ownership and accountability.
This is a critical service delivery role requiring experience with complex datacenter and cloud hosting environments. Pitney Bowes product hosting solutions leverage multiple technologies in complex data center and cloud environments that support multi-tiered high-availability applications. The role requires a talented self-directed individual with a strong work ethic and the following skills:
- Graduate or Post-Graduate (preferably in computer science or related course)
- 3-6 years relevant experience in Product/Application Support with DevOps and SRE experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, time management, and presentation skills.
- Experience of SaaS based product/application support.
- Hands-On Experience in CI/CD tools like GIT and ARGO
- Strong experience in Docker, Kubernetes and Microservices
- Possesses high level understanding in the areas of APIs, Databases, Systems Architecture and Design
- Strong experience with AWS, and experience in cloud technologies
- Good to have infrastructure as code experience (Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Experience in scripting languages (shell scripts, Perl, Python)
- Experience with Prometheus, Grafana, Dynatrace, Splunk, SumoLogic,
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skill is mandatory – with teams like Product Development, Product Management, Client Success, Field Services, IT and other operations groups including Sr. leadership team.
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability for delivering high quality work, both personally and at a team level
All interested individuals must apply online.