Duration: 6 months
The Vienna Center for Disarmament and Non-Proliferation (VCDNP) is an international non-governmental organization based in Vienna, Austria. This organization seeks individuals with a graduate degree, preferably in a related field, such as international relations, political science, chemistry, biology, engineering, and an interest in nuclear nonproliferation and disarmament issues. Starting in September, they are seeking for a new intern interested in nuclear nonproliferation and disarmament.
During the internship, the intern will:
- Develop and implement a research project on a nuclear non-proliferation or disarmament topic supervised by VCDNP researchers;
- Work alongside senior experts at the VCDNP on ongoing research projects;
- Contribute to programmatic activities at the VCDNP, including lectures, seminars, courses, and conferences arranged by the VCDNP;
- Have the opportunity to interact with specialists from the IAEA, CTBTO, and other international organizations in Vienna, as well as representatives from national governments and academia;
- Assist with administrative tasks and events;
- Perform other related duties as requested.
- Interns will receive a 1000 Euro net payment monthly to offset living expenses as well as relocation expenses
- The internship is open to advanced or recently graduated students from science and policy programs.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate their interest in non-proliferation and disarmament policy issues.
- Have strong writing skills and excellent command of the English language. Knowledge of other languages is an asset.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Proficiency with virtual meeting software such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams and WebEx is desirable.
- Knowledge of online collaborative platforms (e.g. Microsoft Teams, Google Drive, OneDrive), graphic design and social media are pluses.
- The VCDNP encourages applications from developing countries and women.
- A writing sample (in English and no longer than five pages),
- A curriculum vitae and
- Two letters of recommendation.