The NIHCM Foundation Health Care Digital Media Award 2023 is now accepting applications. With analysis based on empirical facts, the NIHCM Foundation Health Care Digital Media Award honors excellence in digital media that advances awareness of health care issues.
The NIHCM Awards honor the outstanding work of scientists and journalists who have revealed fresh data that improves the healthcare system and the health of Americans.
A $20,000 prize will be presented to the winner.
- Entries must originally have been published in 2022.
- Entry is limited to articles featuring digital content produced specifically for an online
audience, which may include video, graphics and/or multimedia.
- Entries should not be largely the same as stories that ran in print publications or that were
broadcast on television or radio.
- Entries must examine issues related to health or the health care system.
- Entries that express policy preferences will be considered only if supported with citation of
- Entries will be accepted from news sites, independent blogs, newspapers or journals, and
blogs associated with universities or other organizations.
- Influential in terms of sparking policy change, broadly informing the public and/or
stimulating conversation on timely issues
- Effective use of the unique powers and attributes of digital media
- The digital content should be the focus of the story and the central storytelling tool
- Logical, clear and insightful analysis
- Uses credible evidence to substantiate ideas
An entry can be a series of posts as long as the posts are: linked by topic or produced by the
same author or by a collaborative team of authors
An entry can be a series of posts as long as the posts are linked by topic and the articles can
be recognized as a series