Application for the Netflix Pathways Bootcamp 2023 is currently open. An intensive 12-week program called Netflix Pathways Bootcamp is created to give students from historically underrepresented groups the opportunity to strengthen their technical abilities and get professional experience.
After successfully completing the course, participants may be given the chance to interview for a full-time employment at Netflix and receive valuable, practical experience.
This part-time, 12-week curriculum equips students with advanced development skills they will need to create fast and efficient Java applications and microservices. The curriculum covers development, security, and deployment concepts paired with real-world tools used by modern development teams, such as Spring Boot, SQL, and AWS.
Additionally, all students receive technical interview coaching and practice. Students who graduate from the program also gain access to exclusive post-course materials and tutorials that address programming challenges common to the streaming industry, like media codec compression, horizontal scaling, DNS and CDN optimization, and GraphQL. Classes are delivered exclusively online, with live sessions conveniently held three times per week, in the evenings. Program participants will have the opportunity to be mentored by a seasoned employee at Netflix.
- Gain market-driven skills in 12 weeks: This exclusive Netflix-backed program teaches students the key skills for advanced Java back-end development and helps prepare them for success in the professional world.
- Mentorship: Participants have the opportunity to learn outside of the classroom and participate in opportunities with Netflix professionals.
- Netflix Pathways Bootcamp is a cost-free, 12-week immersive course.
- Open to rising seniors at a U.S. based school who are about to finish their BA or BS program, or who are about to complete their master’s program graduating in Winter 2023, Spring 2024, or Summer 2024.
- They have designed the program to accelerate job placement for historically underrepresented students in the technology industry. Students who identify as Hispanic or Latino/a/x, Black, or Indigenous are strongly encouraged to apply.
How the Program Works:
Bootcamp sessions are taught and supported by industry-expert instructional teams.
- Students gain access to exclusive course materials and attend evening classes three times per week over the span of 12 weeks. Classes are held on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 5:30 – 8:30 pm ET.
- Students progress through course materials with a group of peers, and have the opportunity to engage with a community of like-minded individuals.
- Students have additional access during the week to instructor-led office hours and support materials.
- The expected time commitment is 15 to 20 hours per week.
Seats are limited. The application deadline is May 12, 2023, at 11:59 a.m. PST. Program start date: June 5, 2023.