Applications are open for the Middle East Mediterranean (MEM) Summer Summit 2023. The Seminar, exclusively devoted to the young change-makers, offers a series of plenary lectures, participatory workshops, brainstorming sessions, working groups, and cultural activities. It is articulated around three main thematic streams:
- Geopolitics and leadership
- Good governance, policy making, and citizenship
- Cultural narrative
The working groups, an important part of the Summit’s unique methodology, are led by a team of experts from the region, with diverse experience in different fields. They guide the participants through a facilitation process that supports the creation of a safe space for open dialogue, brings the discussions to a deeper level and identifies ideas that are elaborated during the Summit and beyond.
By participating you will:
- enrich your curriculum with a blended learning experience
- have network opportunities in an international, intercultural, and interdisciplinary environment
- be given the space to collaborate on project-proposals, assisted by a team of professionals and experts
- have a chance to be involved in projects and initiatives, as well as international conferences and workshops
- gain international exposure
- A limited number of partial or full grants, offered by sponsors, are available for participating in the MEM Summer Summit 2023. The full grants cover participation and accommodation costs, and travel expenses; partial grants cover participation and accommodation costs.
- Applicants should be aged between 25 and 35;
- Be from the Middle East Mediterranean region and Europe with a proven interest in the region and social engagement;
- With diverse educational backgrounds and work experience (business, media, human rights, non-governmental organisations, politics, technology, culture, art, entertainment, creative industries, social entrepreneurship, education, and research)
- Interested and willing to collaborate on across border projects with participants coming from all over the region
- With a strong knowledge of English; knowledge of French is an asset.
Applicants must submit a complete application online. In addition to completing the forms on the platform, applicants must upload the following documents:
- an up-to-date curriculum vitae
- a letter of no more than two pages replying to the questions:
- What does the MEM statement “What unites us is more important than what divides us” mean to you?
- In which ways do you feel you contribute to this?
- Which are the most urgent topics to discuss in the MEM region, according to you?
- a short introduction video in English (up to two minutes long), in which the applicant introduces themselves, briefly state why they are the right candidate and how they can contribute to the Summit
The sixth edition of the MEM Summit will take place in #Lugano from 17 to 26 August 2023.