Applications are now being accepted from talented young leaders from Sub-Saharan Africa for the McGill University Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program, which will provide them with complete educational assistance.
The Scholars Program aims to enable academically gifted young leaders from Sub-Saharan Africa get access to world-class university educations by providing complete support systems.
To be considered for McGill University Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, applicants are expected to fulfil the following requirements:
- Applicants must be admissible to one of the eligible non-thesis programs at McGill University
- Applicants must have never registered for /completed any graduate studies;
- Be a citizen of, and reside in a Sub Saharan African Country
- Have a valid passport and be admissible to Canada as an International Student (requiring a Study Permit). Those with dual citizenship, asylee, refugee or permanent resident status in the US, Canada, UK or EU are not eligible.
- Have an exceptional record of service and activity in your school and/or community;
- Have an intent to return to your country immediately upon the completion of your degree with the goal of transforming your community through social and economic development;
- Must be less than 35 years old at the time of application.
Interested applicants for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at McGill University are to first apply for admission into an eligible program at the University. Applicants can then proceed after applying for admission to submit an online application for the Mastercard Scholarship.