Applications for the Mastercard Foundation AfOx Scholarships are being accepted from adequately prepared young Africans to study at the University of Oxford in the 2024 academic year. The scholarships are offered by the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program and the Africa Oxford Initiative (AfOx).
The Partnership aims to encourage African students in accessing Oxford opportunities and thriving during and after their time at the University. It will give 400 young African scholars the chance to undertake taught Masters degrees with full funding.
The Mastercard Foundation AfOx Scholarship programme supports passionate, locally rooted and globally minded African young people to undertake graduate studies at the University of Oxford. The Scholarship is part of the broader AfOx Graduate Scholars Program. The Scholarship funds a rigorous one-year taught Master’s course at Oxford aimed at equipping the Scholars with relevant technical, entrepreneurial and leadership skills and connecting them to world-leading resources in their respective sectors. After completing their Master’s Program, Scholars will be supported to take up 4-6 months placements in leading Africa-based organisations for their Ubuntu Period of Service.
- Full tuition costs
- Living expenses
- Logistics support including economy return flight, visa.
- Immigration Health Surcharge fees
- Settling down allowance
- Thrive Fund for emergencies
To be considered for the Mastercard Foundation AfOx Scholarships 2024, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be an African student interested in taking up master’s studies at the University of Oxford for the 2024 academic session.
- Applicants must have obtained relevant bachelor’s degree from reputable institutions of higher learning.
- Applicants must demonstrate excellent academic and research abilities.
Interested applicants for the Mastercard Foundation AfOx Scholarships 2024 are to submit an application to the University of Oxford via the graduate admissions portal by the deadline for their chosen course of study and indicate that they wish to apply for AfOx funding.