Applications are invited from suitably qualified Candidates for the Kader Asmal Fellowship programme, a fully funded scholarship opportunity offered to South African students to study at Master’s level in Ireland’s world-renowned Higher Education Institutions.
The Fellowship programme aims to support individuals who would not otherwise have the opportunity to pursue Master’s level education in Ireland. It is targeted at early career professionals in South Africa with leadership potentials and supports leadership for the Sustainable Development Goals, and supporting the development of women’s leadership capacity and women’s participation in STEM.
To be considered for the Kader Asmal Fellowship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a resident national of South Africa.
- Have a minimum of two years’ substantial work experience that is directly relevant to your proposed programme(s) of study.
- Hold a bachelor’s level academic qualification from an accredited and government-recognised higher education institution, with a minimum grade point average of 3.0 (4.0 scale) – i.e. a first class honour, or second class honour, Grade 1 (a second class honour Grade 2 may be accepted if the applicant has substantial directly relevant work experience). It must have been awarded in 2012 or later (i.e. within the last 12 years).
- Not already hold a qualification at master’s level or higher. Not currently undertaking a programme at master’s level or higher, or be due to start a programme at master’s level or higher in the academic year 2023/24.
- Be applying to commence a new programme at master’s level in Ireland no sooner than August 2024.
- Be able to demonstrate the following: leadership abilities and aspirations; a commitment to the achievement of the SDGs within your own country; and a commitment to contribute to building positive relationships with Ireland.
- Have identified and selected three programmes relevant to your academic and professional background from the Directory of Eligible Programmes.
- Have a clear understanding of the academic and English language proficiencies required for all programmes chosen.
- Must not have applied to the Ireland Fellows Programme on more than one previous occasion.
- Be in a position to take up the Fellowship in the academic year 2024/2025.
- Course fees
- Monthly allowance
- Cost of flights
- Insurance and other incidental expenses
Interested applicants for the Kader Asmal Fellowship are to complete an online application by the application deadline. Applicants will be required to provide all the necessary information as incomplete application will not be accepted.