The Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) is committed to upskilling and developing future leaders of SA. As the great Nelson Mandela said, “education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” In this spirit, the JSE Empowerment Fund (JEF) was established to support students as they strive to reach their academic goals. The JEF offers bursaries to previously disadvantaged students in their 2nd and 3rd year or post-graduate (Honors) level of studies.
You must be a top performer who is studying (full time) towards a degree in:
- Computer Science
- Actuarial Science
- Information Technology
- Data Analytics
Only applications from the following Universities will be considered:
- University of Pretoria
- University of Johannesburg
- University of the Witwatersrand
- Nelson Mandela University
- University of Cape Town
- University of Limpopo
- North-West University
- Fort-Hare University
- University of Kwa-Zulu Natal
- University of the Free State
The following supporting documents must be attached to your application:
- Certified ID Copy
- Proof of registration
- Academic Record
- Proof of household income
- Proof of residence
N.B! Please note that all applications must include an affidavit confirming the information provided.
- Applications are restricted to students who are South African citizens within the designated group.
- The joint income of the students’ parents/caregivers should not exceed a joint income of R600, 000 per annum.
- Only applications for 2nd year, 3rd year, or Honors level of studies will be considered.
- Applicants must have achieved a minimum aggregate of 60%.