The Japanese Government’s (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) scholarship program for international students, which was created in 1954, is divided into eight categories. Research students (144,000145000/month), teacher training students (143,000/month), undergraduate students (117,000/month), Japanese studies students (117,000/month), and others are among them.
The Nagasaki University Center for Japanese Studies and Student Exchange is happy to announce the Japanese Government (MEXT) scholarship program 2023/2024 to assist overseas students studying in Japan.
The eligibility information for the Japanese Government (MEXT) scholarship program will vary depending on your mode of application. There are three ways to apply for the scholarships: embassy recommendation, university recommendation, or domestic selection.
- Embassy recommendation: Every year, scholarship recipients are recruited by a Japanese embassy (or consulate general, depending on the country). Please inquire at the Japanese embassy or consulate general for more details.
- University recommendation: Every year, Nagasaki University recruits graduate students from overseas and recommends the selected candidates to the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology.
- Domestic selection: Privately financed foreign students (undergraduate and graduate) already enrolled in Nagasaki University are eligible for this scholarship. Every year, Nagasaki University recommends the selected candidates to the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology. Please contact the Liaison Center for International Education office for more details as undergraduate students are not eligible in some cases.
- research students, (144,000・145000/month),
- teacher training students (143,000/month),
- undergraduate students (117,000/month),
- Japanese studies students (117,000/month),
- Scholarship awardees can also hold part time jobs.
To apply for this scholarship, start by applying to Nagasaki University to study in Japan. Please refer to this guide to submit your application.