i-FAIR is a program for entrepreneurs and innovators. i-FAIR is a project of the Israeli Embassy in Nigeria in conjunction with the Office of the Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
i-FAIR was founded out of the desire to confront local difficulties with creative made-in-Nigeria solutions, with the overarching objective of motivating Nigeria to become a start-up country, with the mission to empower INNOVATORS, INVENTORS, ENTREPRENEURS, and VENTURE CREATORS in Nigeria.
i-FAIR’s 6-month program gives participants with the knowledge and assistance they need to turn their ideas into innovative and sustainable companies that may produce jobs and money for Nigerians and Nigeria.
Areas of Focus:
- FOOD SECURITY (Agriculture and Food Technology)
Solutions that increase productivity as well as address challenges around food processing and supply chain.
- HEALTH/MEDICAL DEVICE:
Solutions which will increase the accessibility to proper advanced health care.
Solutions which increase access to proper education suited to the local content and learning environment, including AI in education, learning tools and more.
- CIRCULAR ECONOMY
Solutions that reduce or eliminate waste, from product design to its end of life. For example, utilizing waste by turning it into useful products.
- CLEAN ENERGY
- INFRASTRUCTURE MONITORING AND MAINTENANCE
If the idea you are passionate about does not fall into any of the above, but has a proven need/demand, please feel free to apply. We know that passionate entrepreneurs with surprising ideas may be the greatests
- A unique platform to transform ideas into inventions and develop working prototypes;
- Free access and membership to a modern innovation center where they can work on and develop their prototypes/products with hands-on support of technical experts ;
- Access to a special certificate course and mentoring by accomplished inventors, innovators, and researchers from Nigeria and the State of Israel;
- Exposure to R&D processes and procedures of leading international institutes.
- The opportunity to pitch inventions and prototypes to investors for possible adoption, patronage and partnership;
- For the in-person bootcamps in Abuja, transportation and accommodation will be covered.
- i-FAIR’s support does NOT involve any equity, shares or IP rights on your developments.
- Development of innovations with the potential to address challenges in the Nigerian society.
- Development of Made-In-Nigeria solutions to challenges in Nigeria.
- Economic advancement and wealth creation by way of venture creation.
- Job creation through innovation development, by the transition of innovations into start-ups.
- Introducing Nigerians to technologies, processes and procedures with the capability to solve critical challenges.
- Creating self-sufficiency and productivity within the Nigerian innovation ecosystem.
- Nation-building through innovation, Research & Development, and entrepreneurship.
- Putting Nigeria on the path to becoming a start-up nation.
We are looking for Solutions which:
- Have a clear concept & valid value proposition
- Have completed their initial market validation process
- Will benefit from hands-on support on their product development
- The solution would ideally include a hardware component (not a must)
- In case of an established business-it must be African-owned, majorly-Nigerian-owned business, currently or intending to operate in Nigeria
- Address one of Africa’s challenges and fall within one of our areas of focus