Call for Applications for the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship 2024: The Government of Ireland’s fully financed scholarship program, which is aimed at overseas students of all nationalities who want to study in Ireland, is now accepting applications.
The financing arrangement is a Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation, and Science initiative that is overseen by the Council. The grants will provide financial assistance to appropriately qualified research master’s and doctorate candidates who are undertaking or intend to undertake full-time research in any subject.
To be eligible for the this scholarship programme 2024 application, the applicant must;
- be an international student (foreign student) applying to study in Ireland
- be affiliated with an eligible Irish higher education institution or research-performing organisation.
- not have had two previous unsuccessful applications to the relevant programme, including to strategic partner themes.
- This applies regardless of whether the applicant has changed their host institution or research topic since a previous submission.
- Applications will only be accepted in either the Irish or English language
The value of the scholarship will be up to a maximum of €28,000 per annum in any approved year and will consist of the following:
- a stipend of €19,000 per annum;
- a contribution to fees, including non-EU fees, up to a maximum of €5,750 per annum; and
- eligible direct research expenses of €3,250 per annum.
Potential applicants for the 2024 Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship should read the call documentation carefully to ascertain whether or not they are eligible to apply. Indicative versions of the applicant and supervisor forms are provided for information purposes only. All participants must create and submit their forms via the online system.
|Call open||31 August 2023|
|FAQ deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 05 October 2023|
|Applicant deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 12 October 2023|
|Supervisor /Mentor deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 19 October 2023|
|Research office endorsement deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 26 October 2023|
|Call outcome||April 2024|
|Award start date||1 September 2024|
Please note that the timings provided here are indicative and may be subject to change.