The Google PhD Fellowship Programme for Latin America 2023 is now accepting applications. Graduate students who are awarded Google PhD Fellowships receive direct assistance as they work on their PhDs and are linked to a Google Research Mentor.
A select selection of some of the brightest young academics in the world are the Google PhD Fellowship recipients, according to Google researchers and their universities. Students who have the potential for the following fields of research are given fellowships:
- Algorithms, Optimizations and Markets
- Computational Neural and Cognitive Sciences
- Health Research
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Machine Learning
- Machine Perception, Speech Technology and Computer Vision
- Mobile Computing
- Natural Language Processing (including Information Retrieval and Extraction)
- Privacy and Security
- Programming Languages and Software Engineering
- Quantum Computing
- Recommender Systems
- Structured Data and Database Management
- Systems and Networking
- Up to 3 year Fellowship
- US $15K per year to cover stipend and other research related activities, travel expenses
including overseas travel
- Access to Google Research Mentor
- Open to promising PhD candidates of all backgrounds who seek to influence the future of
- Students must remain enrolled full-time in the PhD programme for the duration of the
Fellowship or forfeit the award.
- Google employees, and their spouses, children, and members of their household are not eligible.
- Students that are already supported by a comparable industry award are not eligible.
- Government or non-profit organization funding is exempt.
Applications for the 2023 award cycle are now open. Submit by 11:59:59pm UTC-12 (AoE) on January 11,
2023. Notification of decisions will be announced by email in March 2023.