The Global Korea Scholarship (GKS) 2024, also known as the Korean Government Scholarship for international students, is a flagship initiative by the Korean government. Its primary purpose is to offer talented international students the opportunity to pursue higher education at renowned Korean institutions. This scholarship program aims to foster international education exchange and enhance relationships between Korea and participating countries. The GKS is globally recognized as one of the most prestigious and competitive government scholarship program.
The GKS 2024 for undergraduate studies is an exceptional fully funded scholarship opportunity in South Korea for international students. Supported by the Korean government, it enables nearly 1300 students from around the world to access higher education in Korea. The scholarship covers a wide range of academic fields and majors at participating Korean universities. GKS is renowned for accepting a significant number of students each year, making it a top-tier international scholarship. It offers capable and talented students, who may face financial constraints, a chance to study abroad.
The Global Korea Scholarship for undergraduate students is a fully funded scholarship in South Korea. It offers a comprehensive set of benefits, including:
- Full tuition fee waiver for the entire duration of the program.
- Resettlement Allowance upon arrival in Korea.
- Monthly allowance and medical allowance for all selected students.
- Round-trip airfare tickets for economy class.
- Free one-year Korean language courses.
- Award for Excellent Korean Language Proficiency.
- Printing Costs for a Dissertation.
- Completion Grant upon program completion.
- A unique opportunity to study in Korea without financial burden.
Before applying for the Global Korea Scholarship, it’s crucial to ensure you meet the eligibility criteria, given the program’s competitiveness:
- Open to students from all over the world, except Korean citizens.
- Applicants should not hold dual citizenship or Korean citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree holders cannot apply.
- Applicants with associate degrees can only apply for the bachelor’s program.
- A higher CGPA, with a score percentile of 80% or above (equivalent to a CGPA of 2.64/4.00).
- Applicants must be under 25 years of age.
- Must be in good mental and physical health.
- Submission of English Language Requirements/Certificates is required.
- Must not have any criminal record.
The application process for the GKS undergraduate program differs based on whether you choose the Embassy Track or University Track:
- Embassy Track:
- Apply through the South Korean Embassy in your home country.
- The embassy selects eligible candidates and may nominate you to apply to a Korean university as their GKS candidate.
- The National Institute for International Education (NIIED) makes the final selection.
- Apply directly to the Korean university of your choice.
- The university nominates you as a GKS candidate and forwards your nomination to NIIED.
- The NIIED is responsible for the final selection.
- Deadlines vary by country, university, and Korean Embassy.
- Contact the relevant Korean Embassy or your chosen Korean university for specific deadline details.