Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2024-25 is an outstanding opportunity for those students who have excellent intellectual abilities and are eager to improve the lives of others as well. Gates Scholarship is one of the leading universities in the world that aims at creating an interactive community of future world leaders who can bring a better and more optimistic change in the world. The Gate scholars at Cambridge University on a diverse range of topics like innovations, challenges, and solutions. Thus through the Gates Cambridge Trust scholarship in the UK, the students also contribute to the university’s own mission which is to contribute to the welfare of society.
The Gates Cambridge scholarship for international students is an initiative of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. This scholarship program was started back in 2000 and since then it has produced highly influential people throughout the globe. The Gates postgraduates have marked their names in almost every field of life. They have excelled in science, technology, arts, music, human rights, etc. This is because of the fact that postgraduate scholars are provided with exceptional academic resources and opportunities under this Bill and Melinda Gates Scholarship at Cambridge University.
- The total study cost will be covered by this scholarship.
- An annual maintenance allowance of 20,000 will be provided.
- The visa cost will be covered.
- An economy class one-time airfare will be provided.
- The cost of immigration Health Surcharge will be covered.
- Additional academic development funds up to £500-£2000 will be given to attend conferences and other courses. However, the amount depends on the course length.
- The scholarship covers a family allowance of up to £11,604 for one child and up to £16,548 for two or more children.
- The scholarship also covers hardship costs or the cost of any unforeseen difficulty.
- Fieldwork Allowance
- Maternity/Paternity funding
- All international graduates except UK nationals can apply.
- The applicants must have an excellent academic background.
- The applicant must have contacted the supervisor and be accepted by the supervisor to continue his/her research.
- The applicant must be able to defend his/her choice of course.
- The applicant has to apply online via the University’s Graduate Application Portal.
- The applicant first has to choose a specific course and college place.
- Provide all the relevant details about personal data, and academic background, and plan for your course and apply for the course and college.
- Apply for funding from the funding section. You can apply for multiple funding offered by the university and other organizations including the Gates Cambridge Scholarship.
- You can apply for as many courses as you want but you have to apply separately for each course.
- If the course is already full, the application status will be closed even before the deadline, So apply as early as you can.