Are you a Kenyan Youth passionate about the food system? Join the Youth in Agribusiness Innovators’ Challenge for an opportunity to maximize the potential of your idea\innovation and\or enterprise in transforming the Food System.
This initiative will provide a platform for young people to improve their capacities through mentorship and linkages to partners , experts and key resources to support adoption of best approaches to improve innovations for food and nutrition security that are sustainable and scalable.
- You can make a submission for your idea\innovation\enterprise as an individual or a team of not more than five
- All applicants and team should not be more than 35 years of age.
Solutions submitted to Youth in Agribusiness Innovators Challenge should:
- Sustainable Innovations for crop production ( solutions that improve productivity while managing natural resources such water,soil)
- Urban and Peri-Urban Agriculture (solutions that provide healthy food by utilizing small spaces)
- Value Addition( solutions\process\ techniques\enterprises that transform raw agricultural products to new products)
- Storage and Post Handling Innovations ( innovations that work to reduce food waste and losses
- Vegetables ( Mushrooms, African Leafy Vegetables, Pumpkin and \or Pumpkin Leaves)
- Cereals (Finger Millet, Pearl Millet and\or Sorghum)
- Tubers ( Cassava and\or Sweet potatoes)
- Legumes (Pigeon Peas , green grams and\or Beans)
- Fruits ( Tree tomato, Guava, Baobab : any additional fruits is acceptable)
3. Have presence in Kenya
4. Clearly show novelty, feasibility and sustainability
- Submit your idea\innovations\ enterprise by filling in this form
- Upload 1-2 minute video showing how your innovations\solution works