The EUTOPIA-SIF Post-Doctoral Fellowship 2023/2024 is now accepting applications. The EUTOPIA European University Alliance is excited to announce the availability of 16 postdoctoral scholarships under the EUTOPIA Science and Innovation scholarships Programme (EUTOPIA-SIF). Positions will begin at EUTOPIA-SIF partner universities in September 2024.
EUTOPIA-SIF scholarships provide high-profile young researchers with the chance to pursue their research initiatives in the dynamic academic environment of the EUTOPIA Alliance. Extensive research mobility is an essential component of the fellowships, with two mandatory secondment periods: one at another EUTOPIA university (co-host university) and one with an external academic or non-academic partner institution to foster the fellows’ entrepreneurial spirit, tangible research impact, and innovation. Fellows will also have access to a comprehensive training program, career counseling, and academic supervision.
EUTOPIA-SIF post-doctoral fellows will be recruited by one of the six EUTOPIA universities that are part of the programme — Vrije Universiteit Brussel, CY Cergy Paris University, University of Gothenburg, University of Ljubljana, Pompeu Fabra University-Barcelona, The University of Warwick — based on an individual research project and the quality of their academic profile for a 24-month post-doctoral contract with highly attractive conditions. The selected candidates from the 2023/24 call will start their positions in September 2024.
MSCA COFUND EUTOPIA-SIF is a highly competitive programme offering very attractive conditions to young researchers for research excellence and career development:
- 2-year employment contract as a Marie Sklodowska-Curie COFUND fellow at one of the EUTOPIA universities, with a monthly average gross salary of €4,349 and a supplementary budget and travel expenses.
- Entire budget academic freedom to pursue your research project in the state-of-the-art infrastructures of EUTOPIA research centres and a stimulating interdisciplinary and international academic community.
- International and intersectoral mobility through secondment periods at the fellow’s EUTOPIA-SIF co-host university and with an external secondment host, which can either be an international academic institution or a non-academic partner. More than 45 companies, local authorities and non-profit organisations actively support the programme, encouraging innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Extensive training programme includes transferable skills development, academic leadership, and active career mentoring by senior academic supervisors.
- The local environments of all EUTOPIA universities offer attractive living conditions and a high quality of life. Each university will actively support fellows and their families with mobility-related queries.
- Open to recognised researchers (stage 2 in the EURAXESS definition), PhD holders or equivalent, of any nationality complying with the MSCA-COFUND mobility rule. No seniority condition applies; however, candidates cannot hold a permanent position at the start of the fellowship.
- Applicants are entirely free in the design of their research projects. However, they must indicate one or more of the programme’s Key Research Areas to characterise their project. All disciplines, including Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics, Social Sciences, and Humanities and Arts, are welcomed in connection with EUTOPIA-SIF Key Research Areas.
- MSCA Mobility Rule: EUTOPIA-SIF fellows must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the selected primary host university country for more than 12 months in the three years before the call deadline.
Eligible Host Universities:
- Although The EUTOPIA Alliance was expanded in late 2022 to encompass ten regionally and nationally distinct European universities, the EUTOPIA-SIF programme runs on a separate grant. Only the following six universities are eligible to host or co-host SIF fellows: Vrije Universiteit Brussel, CY Cergy Paris University, University of Gothenburg, University of Ljubljana, Pompeu Fabra University-Barcelona, The University of Warwick.
- The four more recent members of the Alliance (the Ca’Foscari University of Venice, the NOVA University Lisbon, the Technische University Dresden and the Babeș-Bolyai University of Cluj-Napoca) are not eligible as hosts or co-hosts of the applicants.
Refer to the “Guide for Applicants” for detailed information about the application procedure.