EUTOPIA is an alliance of 10 leading European universities creating a connected and inclusive community. Through collaborative research, more excellent student and teacher mobility and shared innovations, EUTOPIA seeks to address local and global challenges, ultimately creating a new model for higher education in Europe. In June 2019, EUTOPIA was chosen as one of the 17 winning projects throughout Europe in the new “European Universities Initiative” competitive call launched by the European Commission to build a European Education Area.
The EUTOPIA European University Alliance is pleased to announce the opening of 16 post-doctoral fellowships under the EUTOPIA Science and Innovation Fellowships Programme (EUTOPIA-SIF). Positions will start in September 2024 at EUTOPIA-SIF partner universities.
EUTOPIA-SIF fellowships offer the opportunity to high-profile young researchers to develop their research projects in the stimulating academic environment of the EUTOPIA Alliance. Extensive research mobility is integral to the fellowships with two compulsory secondment periods: one at another EUTOPIA university (co-host university) and one with an external academic or non-academic partner institution to foster the fellows’ entrepreneurial spirit, tangible research impact and innovation. Furthermore, fellows will access a rich training programme, career guidance and academic supervision.
As academic experts following an interdisciplinary approach, fellows will address questions central to understanding and shaping the future of our planet, the technologies that shape our lives and the societies we will live in. Interdisciplinary interactions are particularly encouraged within the EUTOPIA-SIF programme, built on the principle that major scientific and societal challenges can only be solved by collaborating with experts from different areas. Applications from fellows from all disciplines, including Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics, Social Sciences, and Humanities and Arts, are welcomed in connection with the following Key research areas:
- Materials engineering: including advanced analytical science, photonics, new material science, quantum technology.
- Data & Intelligence: including Artificial Intelligence, complexity, mathematical modelling, information-systems engineering.
- Health: including immunology and antibacterial resistance, cancer, ageing, reproductive health, neurosciences.
- Sustainability: including energy, circular economy, mobility, urban planning, material heritage, water management.
- Welfare & Inclusion: including business management and finance, governance, ethics, inequality, law and demography.
- 2-year employment contract as a Marie Sklodowska-Curie COFUND fellow at one of the EUTOPIA universities, with a monthly average gross salary of 4 349 € and a supplementary budget and travel expenses.
- Recognised Researchers (stage 2 in the EURAXESS definition), PhD holders or equivalent, of any nationality complying with the MSCA-COFUND mobility rule.
- Applicants who meet the necessary criteria for application should apply online in English through the organisation’s official website.
- The application link can be accessed by clicking on the “Apply Now” button below.