A variety of scholarships are available each year from the ENS de Lyon and its partners to international students with outstanding academic records who want to enroll in its master’s programs in the humanities, social sciences, arts, and exact sciences (with the exception of the FEADép Master’s programs). For prizes in 2024, the next call for submissions will start on December 1.
Master’s programs covered by the ENS de Lyon Ampère Scholarships of Excellence are valued at 1,000 euros per month for one academic year (renewable under certain conditions), with the exception of FEADép Master’s programs.
There are several options to fund your studies, with grants and scholarships for Master’s degrees or PhD.
- Funding your Master’s degree: Scholarships of Excellence
- Funding your PhD
- Other grants
- Normalien Status
- Master’s programs eligible: Advanced Mathematics and Fundamental Computer Science, Amount: 1,000€ per month for 10 months
- Master’s programs eligible: Physics, Advanced Mathematics and Fundamental Computer Science, Amount: 1,000€ per month for 12 months
To be considered for the ENS de Lyon Grants and scholarships, applicants are to meet the following requirements:
- Applicants from all nationalities
- Applicants who wish to enrol in masters and PhD program at the university
- To apply for the first year of a Master’s program (M1), applicants should justify holding a L3 degree (Bachelor – 180 ECTS) or, for applicants who have studied abroad, an equivalent level.
- To apply for the second year of a Master’s program (M2), applicants should justify holding a M1 degree (240 ECTS) or, for applicants who have studied abroad, an equivalent level.
- Applicants ready to enrol in full-time program
- Applicant must not hold any other scholarship award
Applicants should Complete and submit the online application form by clicking on the following link, you will have to register to access the form. After registering, you will be able to connect and access the form. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Documents requested are:
- Two referee letters (in French or English) from professors who have close knowledge of your work – if you are not able to upload the letters, they can be send by the professors by email to email@example.com (with your name and the Master’s chosen clearly written in the name of the document)
- Motivation Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Certificate of diplomas and degrees already obtained (ex: Bachelor degree) – documents are accepted only in French or English. If the document is in another language, you have to provide a translated document in French or English, officially certified
- University academic transcript of records – documents are accepted only in French or English. If the document is in another language, you have to provide a translated document in French or English, officially certified
- For the current year: proof of enrolment – documents are accepted only in French or English –
PLEASE NOTE: if not available now, the required diploma for Master’s admission will have to be transmitted before the beginning of the academic year (compulsory).