The Einstein Fellowship application period is now open for 2024. For exceptional young intellectuals who want to pursue a topic in a subject unrelated to their past study, the Einstein Forum and the Wittenstein Foundation grant fellowships.
The fellowship’s goal is to assist people who, like Albert Einstein, produce outstanding work in their field of specialty while also being open to alternative, interdisciplinary methods. The scholarship offers housing for five to six months at Einstein’s own summerhouse’s garden cottage in Caputh, Brandenburg, just a short drive from the academic institutions of Potsdam and Berlin.
At the end of the fellowship period, the fellow will be expected to present his or her project in a public
lecture at the Einstein Forum and at the Wittenstein Foundation. The Einstein Fellowship is not intended
for applicants who wish to complete an academic study they have already begun.
The fellow will receive a stipend of EUR 10,000 and reimbursement of travel expenses.
- Candidates must be under 35 years;
- Hold a university degree in the humanities, in the social sciences, or in the natural sciences.
- A successful application must demonstrate the quality, originality, and feasibility of the
proposed project, as well as the superior intellectual development of the applicant.
- It is not relevant whether the applicant has begun working toward, or currently holds, a PhD.
- The proposed project need not be entirely completed during the time of the fellowship but
can be the beginning of a longer project.
Applications for 2024 should include a CV, a two-page project proposal, and two letters of
recommendation. All documents must be received by May 15, 2023.
Applications should be submitted by email to: email@example.com